This is the green bean recipe I always make I adapted it from a recipe from allrecipes.com a few years back.
Green beans with bread crumbs
* 2 pounds fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
1 onion chopped
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Combine onions and a little oil in pan and saute until soft. add green beans and 1/2 cup water in a medium pot. Cover, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, and let beans cook for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.
2. Place beans in a medium serving bowl, and mix in bread crumbs, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Toss mixture until the beans are coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve.