This was one of the dishes I served for Christmas dinner as an appetizer. I was in a time crunch and bought mine from Costco, but it was so good, so now I recreated my own. I looked around online and there were many like it and this is the one I think is the best. This would be perfect for a party this new years.
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (light)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 container (7 oz) refrigerated basil pesto
- 1 jar (8 oz) minced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, well drained
- Baguette slices or crackers
- In food processor, place cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Cover and process until blended. Divide into thirds (about 1 cup each).
- Line 5-cup mold or 8x4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Spoon one-third of the cheese mixture in bottom of mold; smooth top with spatula. Spoon pesto evenly over cheese layer. Spoon one-third of the cheese mixture over pesto layer; smooth top with spatula. Spoon tomatoes evenly over second cheese layer. Spoon remaining cheese mixture over tomatoes. Strike filled mold on counter to pack down. Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, turn mold upside down onto serving platter and remove plastic wrap. Serve torte with baguette sliced or hearty crackers.
Recipe and photo from Betty Crocker