background

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cranberry Salsa

 Update:
I made this salsa for a party we are going to tomorrow, but I can not stop eating it.  My exchange student Rina and I have eaten almost the whole batch. I need to go make  another for tomorrow.  Yes it is that good. I told my husband I wouldn't mind this replacing my regular salsa and using it for everything.  He rolled his eyes he doesn't get it,  but it is really  I would.  Try it!


The other day I was at a friends house for lunch while our kids played and she pulled out this cranberry salsa.  She had seen it on the today show last year. She asked if I  had had it before and I had not. I had not even heard of it.  We just ate it with chips and salsa, but it would be divine with a soft cheese on top of crackers  or atop of grilled fish or poultry.
 I think this would be killer with turkey this thanksgiving, different but great!!!    I will also serve it as an appetizer with cream cheese and crackers. This week.
printer friendly recipe
Ingredients
  • 12 ounce bag cranberries
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 bunch green onions, roughly chopped
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
  • juice of 2 limes
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 cup cilantro
  • 1 1/2 T oil
Directions
  Place cranberries and garlic in food processor or blender and pulse a few times.  Add onions, pepper, lime juice, sugar, salt and cilantro and pulse.  Add oil and pulse until desired texture.

The original source is Yankee magazine

1 comment:

  1. Uh, am I way behind the times...I've never in a million years thought to make cranberries into a savory salsa. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...