That is a lot of cookies... so what have I been baking? Here is one of my new favorites. It is from Real Mom Kitchen she is a pioneer of cooking blogs. I love hers. I saw this recipe last week on the cookie exchange that I was part of on The girl who ate everything. This recipe was posted on the day that I remembered I signed up to bring 3 dozen cookies to my church's live nativity that night (which was amazing) I think they should do it every night until Christmas. Anyways these cookies looked simple and delicious. A great combination.
It is based in one of those box cake mix cookie recipes. I used the Nestles mint and dark chocolate chip mix. I LOVED them. I whipped up these cookies so fast, then made another batch and froze them for part of my neighbor gifts.
You could use Andes mints or those Hershey candy cane kisses cut up. those are great, or anything you like as long as it is mint. Mint and dark chocolate go hand in hand so nicely!
- 1 box Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate cake mix
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 (10 oz) bag Nestle Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsels
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, and water together until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in the dark chocolate and mint morsels.
- Drop by the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until set in the middle. Make around 2 dozen cookies.