Traditionally I love chicken salad on croissants I was trying to be healthier and I ate mine on a bed of spinach and served my husbands on Dave killer bread (my favorite bread, it is so nutritious and hearty)
- 100% Whole Grain
- 5g Fiber
- 6g Protein
- Certified organic
- 27oz loaf size
- Certified Kosher by Oregon Kosher
- 1 cup mayonnaise( I used light)
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries ( craisins)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds,garlic powder,onion powder, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to dress the salad. This can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place the chicken breasts in one layer in a baking dish with 1/2 cup water. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes until completely cooked through. Remove cooked chicken breasts from pan, cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then cover and refrigerate.
- When the chicken is cold, dice into bite-size pieces or shred and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in pecans, Craisins, celery and dressing.