background

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

crock pot chicken marsala


I am always a sucker for Chicken Marsala,  I knew I wanted to make it the other night when we were expecting company, but my schedule that day was really busy.  So instead of cooking up till the last minute I tried it in my crock-pot.   Also lemon juice is not a traditional  ingredient in this dish, but I love that addition it makes it taste light and fresh.
  I love this dish I have made it twice lately and one time I did the whipping cream, the other time I added  artichoke hearts to it and instead of whipping cream and cornstrach  I used about 4 ounces of cream cheese.  it thickened nicely and gave it a rich flavor. Both times I served this I had guest over and they devoured it.


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1T Veg. Oil
1 onion, chopped
1 cup Marsala wine
12 ounces sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t salt
1/2 t freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup whipping cream
2t cornstarch
2 lemons, zested and juiced
8 ounces fettuccine (whole wheat)
2 T chopped fresh parsley
Place seasoned chicken in crock pot
heat oil  in saute pan add onion cook and stir until translucent.  Add Marsala wine cook for 2 to 3 minutes until it reduces slightly.  add mushrooms, add broth, Worcestershire sauce salt, pepper.
Pour mixture over chicken. Cover, cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until chicken is done. (I thought this was a very short amount of time, but this is the key to not having dry crock-pot chicken. You could do low for 4 hours too.)

Transfer chicken to cutting board let stand.   Blend whipping cream and cornstarch until smooth.  Stir into cooking liquid cook 15 minutes in crock-pot for sauce to thicken.  Juice of 2 lemons, and zest.

Cook pasta drain and transfer to serving bowl slice chicken breast place on pasta top with sauce garnish with parsley and grated parmesan cheese.


Recipe slightly adapted from Crock-pot, Ultimate recipe collection. Cookbook.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for new crock-pot meals! This one sounds so good. Whenever we eat at Olive Garden my Hubby orders the Chicken Marsala there so I know he'll love this : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing. Love me a good crock pot dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...