You should try it sometime. it is fun and the noodles are so yummy!
Ingredients Make 1 pound
2 3/4 Cups of flour
* 3 eggs (at room temperature)
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil Directions
1. Put flour on counter or mixing board
2. Make a mound of flour. Scoop out the center of flour and place flour on sides.
3. Mix eggs and salt and Olive Oil.
4. Place mixture in the middle of the flour volcano.
5. With a fork, incorporate all of the flour into the egg mixture.
6. Now knead the flour and egg mixture.
7. This may seem difficult at first, because the flour and egg mixture will be very stiff.
8. Keep kneading.
9. Knead until the dough is consistent throughout and takes on a silky sheen.
10. Cover with a bowl or plastic wrap.
11. Allow dough ball to rest for 20-30 minutes.
12. Your dough is now ready to be turned into pasta
How to Make Homemade Pasta with a Machine
- Knead dough with pasta machine. Set rollers of pasta machine at widest setting (position 1). Feed unwrapped dough piece through flat rollers by turning handle. (Dough may crumble slightly at first but will hold together after two to three rollings.)
Knead the dough through the pasta
machine at the widest setting.
- Lightly flour dough strip; fold strip into thirds. Feed through rollers again. Continue process 7 to 10 times until dough is smooth and elastic.
Fold the pasta dough into thirds.
- Roll out dough with machine. Reduce setting to position 3. Feed dough strip through rollers. Without folding strip into thirds, repeat on positions 5 and 6. Let dough stand 5 to 10 minutes until slightly dry.
- Attach desired shape and size of pasta roller and feed dough through, catching finished pasta with free hand as it emerges. Repeat kneading and rolling with reserved dough pieces.
Using the desired attachment, feed the
dough through the pasta machine.
- Pasta can be dried and stored at this point. Hang pasta strips over pasta rack or clean broom handle covered with plastic wrap and propped between two chairs. (Or, twirl pasta into nests and place on clean kitchen towels.) Dry at least 3 hours; store in airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days.
How to Make Homemade Pasta by HandIt is very simple to make your own fresh pasta at home, even without a pasta machine. Just follow these basic steps and discover the delicious taste and satisfaction of eating your very own pasta.
- Combine 2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt on pastry board, culling board, or countertop; make well in center. Whisk 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon milk, and1 teaspoon olive oil in small bowl until well blended; gradually pour into well in flour mixture while mixing with fork or fingertips to form ball of dough.
Gradually add the mixture to the
flour to make a ball of dough.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface; flatten slightly. To knead dough, fold dough in half toward you and press dough away from you with heels of hands. Give dough a quarter turn and continue folding, pushing, and turning. Continue kneading 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding more flour to prevent sticking if necessary. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; let stand 15 minutes.
Knead the dough until it becomes
smooth and elastic.
- Unwrap dough and knead briefly (as described in step 2) on lightly floured surface. Using lightly floured rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/8-inch-thick circle on lightly floured surface. Gently pick up dough circle with both hands. Hold it up to the light to check for places where dough is too thick. Return to board; even out any thick spots. Let rest until dough is slightly dry but can be handled without breaking.
- Lightly flour dough circle; roll loosely on rolling pin.
Loosely roll the dough on a rolling pin.
- Slide rolling pin out; press dough roll gently with hand and cut into strips of desired width with sharp knife. Carefully unfold strips.
Cut the dough into strips of desired width.
- Pasta can be dried and stored at this point. Hang strips over pasta rack or clean broom handle covered with plastic wrap and propped between two chairs. Dry at least 3 hours; store in airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days. To serve, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water 3 to 4 minutes just until al dente. Drain well.
Dry the pasta using a drying rack.
Sundried tomato and pesto sauce
4 ounces sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
4 ounces of Basil and garlic pesto
1 medium onion, chopped
8oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 ½ cups pasta water
Take sun driedtomatoes along with pesto, put in food processor or blender. Until mixed and tomatoes diced.
After cooking pasta set aside leftover starchy water mix in with sauces.
Sauté onion and mushroom until soft, then mix all together. Top with Parmesan cheese.