background

Monday, November 23, 2009

sweet potato fries.


I generally do not ever like sweet potatoes, not my thing. I have heard people rave about them made as fries though and thought I would give it a shot. They were actually pretty good. I love the olive oil and kosher salt they made this dish. They had more flavor than regular fries. I did not deep fry these, it might be good that way too, but this is the much healthier option.

{sweet potato fries}

fresh sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch fries
kosher or flake salt
fresh pepper
other dried herbs~thyme, rosemary, oregano, ect.
Olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees. Place peeled & cut potatoes in to a medium bowl. Toss with olive oil, I use 2 TBSP per 1 large potato. Spread onto a baking sheet, keeping in a single layer. Sprinkle with a healthy dose of seasoning. Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from oven & toss. Return to oven & continue to bake another 10 or so minutes. Watching carefully so as not to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...