background

Friday, April 30, 2010

garlic lime chipotle pork chops.


The other night I was making dinner for a dear friend of mine who had surgery. She and her husband eat low calorie low fat foods. I knew it was very similar to Weight watchers diet. So I began searching for recipes and I cam across this one from Ginas weight wathcers recipes.
I mainly stuck to the recipe but I wanted a bit more spice so I added one chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped up finely and mash it with my knife until it creates a paste. They are really hot but if you create a paste of it it adds a nice heat and smokey flavor. Also I had some orange pineapple juice in my fridge so while I let it marinate I decided to add that to give some more liquid so it would cover the surface more evenly.
Garlic Lime Chipotle Pork Chops
The lime zest gives these chops an extra zing. Adjust the seasoning to your liking. Make these in the broiler or on the grill. Serve this with cilantro lime rice on the side.
Servings: 4 • Cook Time: 8-10 minutes Points: 6 ww points
  • 4 (6 oz) lean boneless pork chops
  • 4 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, mashed into a paste
  • lime zest
  • 1/3 cup citrus juice ( I used orange pineapple juice)
  • salt and fresh pepper
Trim any fat off pork. In a large ziploc bag season pork with garlic, cumin, paprika, juice, chipotle pepper paste, salt and pepper. Squeeze lime juice and some zest from the lime and let it marinade at least 30 minutes.

Line broiler pan with foil for easy clean up. Place pork chops on the broiler pan and broil about 4-5 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
my pork chops had bones in them and took a bit longer to cook, but I kept waiting for it to really brown and that did not happen for me, do not wait for them to look like a steak.. it will not happen and if it does you sure will be sorry and so will your jaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...