lemon rustic chicken
Printer Friendly Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced in half crossways (butterflied, cut all the way through)
- plus 1 small bunch fresh thyme, leaves chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine, optional (if no wine increase your broth)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
DirectionsSeason chicken with dried thyme and salt and pepper. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add the oil. Dredge the chicken in flour, add to the hot oil and saute until cooked through. Set chicken aside to rest on plate tented with foil.
In same saute pan, over low heat, add onions and fresh thyme, quartered mushrooms and cook until aromatic.
In a measuring cup, measure out wine, if using, and broth, and add the lemon juice. Turn the heat up to high, and deglaze the pan with the broth mixture until starting to reduce.
Remove the pan from the heat and finish the sauce by whisking in butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Place a bed of cooked spinach on a serving platter or rice, top with the chicken. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.