background

Monday, October 25, 2010

4 step chicken

I have mentioned that I love Melissa d'Abrabian .  This was the recipe she showed on her show a while ago.  I made it then and loved it and I have made it a ton since then with different additions it is  a very versatile.  It is so lemony and delicious.  I could drink the sauce.  I like to serve it over brown rice with some other vegetable.  When I serve it over rice I double the sauce.  I also added mushrooms,  again they are so good for you and I love them and so do my kids  they honestly fight over them and eat them first off their plates.  don' let my very caramelized brussel sprouts deter you they were good too.  it was a fun way to try vegetable we do not eat often.  i will post them later.
lemon rustic chicken
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced in half crossways (butterflied, cut all the way through)
  •  plus 1 small bunch fresh thyme, leaves chopped
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 pound baby bella mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup white wine, optional (if no wine increase your broth)
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 3 lemons, juiced
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

Season chicken with dried thyme and salt and pepper. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add the oil. Dredge the chicken in flour, add to the hot oil and saute until cooked through. Set chicken aside to rest on plate tented with foil.
In same saute pan, over low heat, add onions and fresh thyme, quartered mushrooms and cook until aromatic.
In a measuring cup, measure out wine, if using, and broth, and add the lemon juice. Turn the heat up to high, and deglaze the pan with the broth mixture until starting to reduce.
Remove the pan from the heat and finish the sauce by whisking in butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Place a bed of cooked spinach on a serving platter or rice, top with the chicken. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...