background

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

easy pumpkin spice cookies

Lately I have had  a hard time with all the sweets around me it will be like this through the end of the year.  Most of the will power and self control I have all year is thrown out the window.  Things I do not even really like I find myself eating because I think it should taste good...  The death of me recently has been the Halloween candy.  I bought a huge bag yesterday at coscto through it up very high in my pantry out of sight and out of reach with out a stool.  If the bag is closed I will not touch it.   BUT my skinny hallow leg husband searched it out yesterday opened the huge bag of chocolaty goodness and  put it right at eye level when you open the door.   So all day yesterday I kept finding myself in the pantry in the dark eating little "fun" sized chocolates. t is so bad..  So then I went and yelled at my husband for tempting me like that....Then made something sweet I could eat guilt free.
  So if you want something sweet this time of year with out all the guilt try these cookies.  They are only 1 Weight Watch point. I love to add dark chocolate chips which probably makes them more points, by that is okay too. I need my sanity and many times that equals dark chocolate :)  The best news is these are so easy to make.  Feeling like a cookie 15 minutes later start to finish you can eat one!!

 printer friendly recipe
 ingredients
1 box spice cake mix
1 can pure pumpkin (15oz. can)

1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
 

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Spray cookie sheets with non- stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl mix together the cake mix and the canned pumpkin add chips if desired.

Drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets and then bake for around 10-12 minutes.

Makes 48 cookies at 1 WW point per cookie.   Now enjoy and don't feel too guilty!



 You can actually spoon these into muffin tins and make pumpkin spice muffins  so easy!
recipe adapted from Allrecipes

2 comments:

  1. You can also make cupcakes out of this very recipe. I make cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting. SO GOOD! So NOT good for you, but it's the holidays so it's ok right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. right, I am actually making these as cupcakes this weekend. I should add this to the blog. thanks and yes it is just fine....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...