background

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

brown sugar meatloaf

 I  grew up having meat loaf fairly often at my home and I liked but, my husband, not so much.  So when we were first married and I made it for him he was not impressed.  So I searched for a meatloaf recipe he would like.  I found this one on Allrecipes.com years ago  it is the highest rated meatloaf recipe on there and for good reason.   When I read the words sweet glaze I knew I would have him hooked.   I have made a few modifications to the original recipe over the years,  for example they said to put the glaze on the bottom, but I find it is much better on top.  Try it out and surprise a meatloaf hater out there how good and sweet it can be....
 “This tasty meatloaf flavored with ginger, has a sweet brown sugar and ketchup glaze.”
Printer Friendly recipe
Ingredients:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1T Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. on a cookie sheet form mixture in middle of pan as a loaf. That way it does not cook in ts own grease.
3.In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf.
4. Pour the brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce mixture over loaf.  
5.Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.  


If you do not want to wait an hour you can always place them in muffin tins and cook for 30 minutes  instead and you have individual servings.


 Original recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
    
  
  
  
  

  
  

  

 

2 comments:

  1. yum! this recipe was great and easy. I like the changes you made to it too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So a few weeks back Bre & I made this for Sunday dinner for Bre's Parents. Bre's Dad (Scott) loves meatloaf, infact it is one of his favorite meals, and Diane had been making it for him for years. Once he had this, he told us this was the best meatloaf he has ever tasted! So not only is it good, but its better than any other meatloaf you'll have

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...