background

Thursday, December 09, 2010

BBQ Chicken pizza

 Some days I have a wild side and I want something ridiculous like pizza for dinner.  I usually do not eat things slathered in cheese (although I would like to)  I tried to make it a little healthier with a whole wheat crust and maybe not completely slathered in cheese.   This is my  knock of California Pizza Kitchen bbq chicken pizza.  I love the cilantro on it, it makes the dish for me. hope you enjoy.  it is something feast and easy for busy holiday schedules.  enjoy!
BBQ Chicken Pizza

  • Whole wheat pizza dough,  I usually go to my favorite pizza shop in town and for under two bucks I can buy dough from them.  call me lazy, I deserve it, but it is easy and  still healthy so some days I am all for it..  You can make your own or even use store bought, whatever suits your fancy.
  • 3 Tbsp. BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's)
  • 3 Tbsp. ranch dressing

Roll out dough into a 12 inch circle and transfer onto a greased pizza stone or pan. Mix BBQ sauce and ranch together and spread on to unbaked crust.

  • 1 cooked and shredded chicken breast (I season with garlic salt pepper, etc whatever is in the cupboard!)
  • 1 c. fresh spinach chopped
  • 1/2 c. sweet onion (I used red onion)
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
  • 2 slices bacon, chopped
  • A few squirts of BBQ sauce, eyeball it.

fresh Mozzarella or a smoked Gouda is divine

Combine these ingredients, except for the cheese, in a bowl and mix until blended. Pour on top of crust. place slices of  cheese on top of toppings and place in a preheated oven. (425 for 15 minutes) or until crust is golden

You can sprinkle some more fresh cilantro on top before serving ( I would recommend it)  serve with a green salad and maybe a fruit salad too and feel great about your dinner!

2 comments:

  1. Where do you buy the dough? I hadn't ever thought of that! GREAT idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of putting cilantro on this pizza! My favorite kind of pizza-BBQ Chicken-yummalicious;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...