1 Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough (in the roll)
1 pound ground turkey/ground beef
taco seasoning (1t chili powder, 1t cumin, 1 T Southwest seasoning,salt pepper)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can black beans
4 oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded cheese
- Place dough on cookie sheet and roll out. I have used foil before under it or my silpat, or nothing the others are just for ease of cleaning.
- I browned my meat and onion and seasoned like I would do for tacos. If you use a packet great, I really like Mrs. Dash fiesta lime or any other southwest season mix.
- Spread cream cheese down center third of dough.
- Pour salsa over cream cheese
- Spread meat, beans, sprinkle with cheese
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush with reserved egg. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
You could also make this a peanut butter and jelly braid or a BBQ chicken braid. Use your imagination it is fun!
recipe adapted from The girl ate everything