background

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

chocolate-peanut butter- sandwiches

  At church  I am a leader to the little girls who are 8-11 years old.  twice  a month we all get together and do fun activities....  Could there be anything cuter? I love these girls they are so fun!!!
   A few weeks ago we made treats to leave as surprise on someones door step.  We have over 20 girls so we try and do fun but simple ideas.  These treats were so simple even your smaller kids can help and they were well lets say really really good.   I made sure all the leftovers were taken away so  I would not be tempted.  But then  a cute little girl brought me a whole plate. My son is allergic to peanut butter.  So like any caring, responisble mother would do I ate them all. I didn't want to chance him finding them and get sick.   Any loving mom would do it, it was for my child.  Don't judge!
   These truly are so simple and quick so if you still have room on your goodie plates for friends and neighbors these have to go on them.
  The best part is you do not even have to turn on your oven or go to the store I bet you have all the ingredients in your pantry.

  Ingredients
40 ritz crackers
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 pound semi sweet chocolate chips
    Directions
    Spread peanut butter onto one cracker and top with another cracker to make a sandwich. Repeat with all the crackers. Melt chocolate I use a double boiler or in a bowl in the microwave in small increments  if the chocolate seems too thick add 1T of oil . Dip each sandwich into chocolate with a fork, tapping excess back into the bowl. Place onto wax paper to cool. Allow to set. Store between layers of wax paper. These freeze very well.

    You could change it up too different kinds of chocolate or put sprinkles on top or drizzle with chocolate.

    3 comments:

    1. Cute story! My girls love it when they get to help me make treats and this is an easy one I can let them do! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have always thought these looked SO good. I used to make a snack of just the crackers and peanut butter, but adding chocolate? WOW..must be heaven!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...