background

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sticky fingers chicken salad

  This is a quick weeknight meal that came together in no time.   I was craving Wingers the other night I wanted a sticky finger salad...mmmm... my favorite.  Instead of loading everyone in the car and heading there I whipped this up.  Because it is what I had on hand and it was easier for me that night I use already breaded frozen chicken bites (Not chicken nugget... I repeat not chicken nuggets)  I made the sauce soaked my chicken in that after baking and then threw it on a salad.  You can put whatever on your salad.  This was the end of my week a few days since I had been shopping so this was just what I had on hand.

For the sauce:
**Covers about 8 sticky fingers
3 Tbsp. Franks Hot Sauce (It has to be Franks Hot Sauce... no other sauce will taste as good)
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. water

Heat up hot sauce, brown sugar and water in a sauce-pot until all the sugar dissolves Family Favorite Recipes

Salad 
1 large head of Romaine
1 seedless cucumber, sliced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 cup cheese, diced
1 large avocado, diced
1 cup of chopped tomatoes

 dressing use your favorite ranch or blue cheese.
  I have to admit it was  bit spicy for my kids but they liked that we were having "chicken nuggets" for dinner.  All the flavors melded really nice together and it was so filling.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...