background

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Sugar hangover remedy

I personally do not drink alcohol so I have never had a  hangover, but I have heard that the next morning one of the best remedies is to have one more drink and it will make the headache go away.  I am assuming it is the same for sugar.  I have been fueling my sugar hangover for days now and even the sight of it made me feel nauseous, but I didn't go away til I indulged again....

     So here is my remedy for this morning...a little bit more sugar to take the edge off...
  I was reading at Our Best Bites about a dream Sara had about these pancakes.  They sounded good, banana, chocolate chip and peanut butter maple syrup. She called them Chunky Monkeys.   I didn't give it too much more thought...until I had a dream that night I had made them and they were wonderful..    So I had to try it out and fulfill my dream.... :)

     I was a little rushed that morning and just grabbed my pre-made pancake mix box  and I actually made it as waffles because they are easier for me and I do not have to worry about turning pancakes... I am not always successful at that, I get distracted too easily and forget about them and then they are burnt and.....  anyways....Where was I...  see what I mean... Oh yes waffles

   So I made the waffles as directed  threw in 4 mashed bananas, 1/2 cup chocolate chips or so I never meansure chocolate... some is good, so more is better right????
  Then  you take 1 cup your favorite syrup and 1/2 cup peanut butter and mix together then microwaved until combined and warm.  I used crunchy because that was all I had, but creamy would have been better I also used too much peanut butter (if there is such a thing) for the amount of syrup and mine was very thick and did not run over my waffles, but it still tasted great!!!
  This will for sure cure your headache in the morning...  But you are on your own for lunch :)

  
Printable recipe

one batch your favorite pancake or waffle mix.
4 mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped regulars
 (mix in a little bit of flour it helps them not to sink)
  Mix all together and make pancake or waffles as normal

1 cup favorite maple syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter)  whisk together and microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.  it will thicken as it cools. 
pour liberally over cakes and reheat if necessary.
 I loved the whipped cream on top....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...